Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Journal 2: School 2.0 Reflection Tool




After taking the reflection 2.0 teacher assessment, I decide to investigate NETS-T1, “Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity.” I believe it is really important to enable students to use technology to demonstrate critical thinking and construct knowledge. I wish that my teachers had used more technology. I feel that my classes growing up used just standard power point and mostly just lecturing. I really don’t remember doing any assignments or research with the Internet. I think that if I grew up with more of these tools that it would of brought out a more creative side in me.

Teachers today, now more then ever need to use technology. Most of the students today in the K-12 system have been brought up using computers, iPhones, and other technical devices. Teachers really need to keep their students engaged. Technology really advances the students’ learning.  Virtual environments keep the students connected and informed. Technology really helps inspire the students more then I would of ever thought. It is really interesting to see how much technology affects the students learning in todays day and age, because I feel that I had little technology in my learning process. Students can solve real world issues and problems with digital tools and resources. They become more independent solving things by themselves.  It is all very interesting!


Nets for teachers. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/standards/nets-for-teachers.aspx 


No comments:

Post a Comment